E3 – Economy, Energy, and Environment – is a coordinated federal and local technical assistance initiative that is helping manufacturers across the nation adapt and thrive in a new business era focused on sustainability. In the process, E3 is boosting local economies and benefiting the communities with creation of “green jobs” and reduced environmental impacts.
Joining forces with the local community, E3 provides manufacturers with customized, hands-on assessments of production processes and assists with the implementation of energy-saving projects. As a result, E3 is:
- Increasing manufacturers’ productivity, while making them more competitive;
- Driving innovation and encouraging global leadership;
- Helping foster a green workforce;
- Improving the regional economy by retaining jobs in companies; and
- Reducing environmental impacts.
E3 serves as a unique model by working directly with the local manufacturers, utilities, and business communities and streamlining the delivery of the most suitable technical and financial resources to the manufacturers. These resources are leveraged from the following pool of E3 collaborating agencies and programs: DOC, DOE, EPA, DOL, SBA and USDA.