What Manufacturing Day Means to Me: From the Perspective of a Professional Connector
by Ali Recek, Director of Key Initiatives
First and foremost, Manufacturing Day (MFG Day) is an opportunity to connect Colorado manufacturers throughout the US, Mexico, and Canada through the National Association of Manufacturing (NAM) MFG Day website. Thousands of manufacturers list their events on the MFG Day map every year. Take a look!
Colorado has more than 6,000 manufacturers producing goods ranging from customized animal Pawsthetics to one-of-a-kind fly rods at SaraBella Fishing, beautiful and luxurious airplane interiors at Pilatus Aircraft to precision optical components with an abundance of applications at REO, Inc. And everything in between!
Having that many manufacturers, simply means that Colorado also has at least 6,000 compelling reasons to celebrate our dynamic manufacturing industry. There are numerous fun, easy ways for you to participate in MFG Day and help us celebrate what we all know to be true — manufacturing is cool and manufacturing is now!
While the possibilities are endless, here are a few ideas for how you can participate in MFG Day:
- Host local students, the surrounding community, or your government representatives for a shop tour
- Show your appreciation for your employees for all their hard work by hosting an ice cream social
- Celebrate a company milestone or anniversary
- Reach out to your local government and ask them to issue an official proclamation declaring the first Friday in October as your city’s MFG Day. We can even provide a Manufacturing Day Proclamation template. Contact me for more information.
- Write and distribute a press release about your company’s accomplishments – schedule a half hour and read it to your employees – toast your accomplishment with cupcakes from a local bakery
- Identify a new supply chain partner in the immediate area and applaud the new partnership at your local brewpub
- Brewers – celebrate a new release or the success you had at the GABF this year
- Distillers – invite fellow manufacturers from your community to come and learn about your unique distilling process
While Manufacturing Day officially falls on the first Friday of October every year, here at Manufacturer’s Edge, we believe that EVERY day is Manufacturing Day. This year we are specifically highlighting events that take place from August 15th through November 15th. What does this mean to you? If you want to participate in MFG Day 2018 by hosting an event, we can help you with planning and preparation and we can even help you with promotional efforts to insure that you attract a good crowd. Your event will be posted on the events calendar and MFG Day page on our website, included in our newsletters and events blast emails and press releases, and it will also be listed on the official MFGDAY.com website.
Let’s show the world that Colorado is the place to get stuff MADE!